Here's another video that I have created using the Dvolver Moviemaker. It's all about soletraders.
Dvolver is a great little cartoon film application that, although relatively simple, can be used to great effect. Creating a movie follows a very simple step-by-step process that allows the selection of backgrounds, music and characters (some of which may be a bit inappropriate for a student audience). It then uses a simple cartoon speech bubble format to display text in what should be an engaging, student friendly final video.
I have already used this with students and they loved it. It was just different to what they were expecting ie yet another BBC Business video with Lord Sugar and co (that's not to say that these videos do not have their merits). Potentially I could use these videos to introduce a range of new topics, concepts, theories etc and then question students on what they had just seen to make sure they had gained the required knowledge etc. It's also so simple to use that I could conceivably ask students to create their own films as a class activity or homework.
No comments:
Post a Comment